I doubled my whole yearly net income in the first six months of the year (an increase of 139%) and built up my mailing list by 254%.
It’s important to share that this is my two-year journey since taking B-School and that things DID NOT happen overnight. My business is very much a work in progress AND we’re enjoying the ride because we’ve got B-School with us in the car!
Since taking B-School I have:
- Doubled my monthly income the following year
- Doubled my whole yearly net income in the first six months of the following year – an increase of 139%
- Built up my mailing list by 254% since January 2016
- Opened up group drawing classes in two venues and now have four rounds of graduates
- Become Vice President of FEW (For Empowering Women in Japan)
- Opened up a neighbourhood kids club to share our creative curriculum with children too
- Been a speaker at Tokyo American Club
- Become a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts
- Painted a six-meter mural for Japan’s International Rose & Gardening Show
- Delivered a corporate team-building workshop
- Maintained consistent communication via monthly newsletters, a monthly blog and Instagram
- Been invited to the U.S. (for my first trip!) to research starting the When In Doubt, Draw programme there
- Submitted a business plan for an international entrepreneurship competition
- Facilitated an empowerment workshop for International Women’s Day
- Brought the world’s biggest drawing festival, The Big Draw, to Japan for the first time
- Received my first major painting commission
- Opened up my first atelier in Tokyo this year!
Right now I’m:
- Developing When in Doubt, Draw as an online art course and creative empowerment programme
- Working on When In Doubt, Draw the book
- Looking ahead to setting up as a company and forming a team
- Entering competitions and seeking investors
Thinking small – classes only in Tokyo.
Thinking SO much bigger! Opening an atelier to serve as our creative HQ. Delivering the When In Doubt, Draw programme worldwide. Supporting my family and being able to sponsor more children to go to school in through Alam Aksara.